BLTC Child Safeguarding
Your child safety is our number ONE prority
BLTC is committed to safeguarding children and by working under the guidance of our NGB
Safeguarding Policies our staff, both volunteers and employed, working with our young people,
throughout the organisation, seek to create a safe environment for young people to grow and
develop within sport. The following set of principles should be adhered to:
- Importance of childhood – The importance of childhood should be understood and
valued by everyone involved in tennis.
- Needs of the child – All children’s sport experiences should be guided by what is best
for children. This means that adults should have a basic understanding of the emotional,
physical and personal needs of young people.
- Integrity in relationships – Adults interacting with children in tennis are in a position of
trust and influence. They should always ensure that children are treated with integrity and
respect, and the self-esteem of young people is enhanced.
- Fair Play – All children’s sport should be conducted in an atmosphere of fair play. The
principles of fair play should always be emphasised, and organisers should give clear
guidelines regarding acceptable standards of behaviour.
- Quality atmosphere & ethos – Children’s sport should be conducted in a safe, positive
and encouraging atmosphere.
- Competition – Competition is an essential element of tennis and should be encouraged
in an age and level appropriate manner. A child centred ethos will help to ensure that
competition and specialisation are kept in their appropriate place.
- Equality – All children should be valued and treated in an equitable and fair
manner regardless of ability, age, gender, religion, social and ethnic background or
In order to ensure this, the club has a number of child protection officers. The current officers are as follows:
- Female child protection officer: Helen Farragher
- Male child protection officer: Jonathan Plaice
- Designated Liason Officer: Denise Fenton
If you do have any question or concerns related to this you can contact our club staff at any of the preferred contact method.
You can download the copy of the Tennis Ireland Safeguarding Policies and Procedures by clicking on the below button.
Click below to access BLTC safeguarding statement Feb 2018.
Also please find the latest Child Risk Assessment Run by the club which is an requirement under section 11 of the Children first Act 2015.