Hope I find you all well and I bet happy to be back playing. I just want to bring to your attention the court booking rules. These rules have been in place for a long time and we now need to enforce them more stringently. We had a late start to our season because of Covid 19 , the Club is getting busier with lots of new members joining and there is significant demand at peak times
- Limit of 1 court per booking.
- All players (2 or 4) to be noted on each booking, PLEASE THIS IS NOT ONLY A CLUB RULE BUT ALSO A COVID COMPLIANCE RULE.
- Booking days ahead limited to 8 day(s).
- During Peak Times: Monday to Thursday between 19.00 – 21.00 – 1 hour per member playing (no member should be on court for 2 consecutive hours at peak times)
- When unable to use a court, members should cancel the booking as soon as possible so that the court may be used by other members.
- The hourly charge for lights is €2.00 per person playing doubles and €4.00 per person playing singles.
- Juniors are not permitted to play after 7pm during Peak Times.
- Non-paid-up members will lose the ability to ‘book a court’ or ‘play with others’.
- A booking made with Admin is INVALID and will be canceled.
- A booking is only valid when:
- Singles – you select the other player from the list of registered players (or specify and name a guest)
- Doubles – you select the 3 other players from the list of registered players (or specify and name a guest)
BLTC Committee reserves the right to amend the Booking Rules to maintain fairness to all members. Invalid bookings can and will be cancelled
You are still allowed to play during one peak hour and one out of peak hour to make up two hours time on court during those evenings if you wish. For example, a member can book 8 to 9 and click the extend button to also book from 9 to 10 if the same court is available or one player can book 8 to 9 and another player book 9 to 10 on another court. This also works between 6 and 8 pm on these peak nights. Keep in mind that we have also extended our booking hours and courts are available to book from 9am to 9pm every day
These rules were put in place to give everyone a fair chance to get a court in the evening and we would ask you all to respect them.
Denis on behalf of BLTC Committee.